By: Joya Faruque – Behavioral Sciences and Health Education
1) Get Excited!
Visit Emory is a super exciting event, and a great opportunity to learn! It is your
opportunity to really see yourself at Rollins! During the scheduled events, you
can interact with students, engage with faculty, and learn more about the
opportunities available at Rollins. Think about what drew you to Rollins, and
feel free to immerse yourself in the Rollins student experience, and ask
2) Check out the Website:
○ Make sure you have registered! You should receive a confirmation email with your event schedule.
○ Review the Visit Emory Program before making your selections, and review the course catalog to get more information about the classes.
3) Plan for Class Visits and program events.
○ As you review the website, jot down a few questions. What information would be helpful to know?
○ Check out the Office of Career Development Website to learn more about how Rollins prepares you for job opportunities before and after graduation.
4) Prepare to Explore Atlanta
○ Atlanta has so much to offer!
○ Before you come to Atlanta, do an internet search for events happening at Piedmont Park, the Atlanta Botanical Gardens, Decatur Square, the Coca Cola Museum, High Museum, National Center for Civil and Human Rights, Georgia Aquarium, and more.
5) Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
○ One thing I love about Rollins is that everyone is open to answering questions.
If the person you are asking does not know the answer, they will be more than
happy to direct you to another resource! During the student panels, current
students are available to answer questions and share a little about their Rollins
Experience. Feel free to ask questions about why they picked Rollins, what
resources they find helpful, and what their day-to-day lives are like. If you
connect with someone, acquire their contact information so y’all can stay in