Something I was worried about when moving from San Francisco to Atlanta was that I would not know where to find my Latinx community. Fortunately, there are many opportunities to go out and dance and sing to Latinx music.
LATIN ROCK IN ATLANTA
Thanks to Facebook knowing everything about us, we can use it as a great way to find events in the area. My friend and I who really like Latin rock had an event suggestion to see a Latin rock cover band perform and we had SO MUCH FUN singing along to our favorite classics and listening to some original music.
Also, if interested in Latin Rock in Atlanta, the Escena Rock Atlanta Facebook page has all the info on shows )
LOTS OF SALSA, REGGAETON, BACHATA, AND MORE
Many Latin clubs play a variety of salsa, reggaeton, bachata, and other Latinx music so it is not uncommon to hear J Balvin, Celia Cruz, and Romeo Santos in the same dance floor within a few songs of each other.
Some of my Favorite spots are:
- Loca Luna (500 Amsterdam Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30306)
- Free entry on Friday and Saturday
- Live Salsa band on Saturdays until midnight
- Free salsa lessons on Wednesday night!!
- Havanna (3112 Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30305 ~~ Buckhead)
- Eclipse di Luna (2 locations)
- 4505 Ashford Dunwoody Road, Atlanta, GA ~~ Dunwoody
- 764 Miami Circle NE, Atlanta, GA ~~ Buckhead
DON’T FORGET BANDA
I was most surprised to find a spot that plays banda music, commonly known in English as “Mexican regional music.” This venue also has one dance floor that has a mix of mostly salsa and bachata. What I haven’t experienced at any of the other clubs though is a dance floor just for banda.
I’m happy I have already experienced so much Latinx nightlife and I know there is so much more out there.